Stone Fort Museum
Located in a replica of Antonio Gil's stone house, the Stone Fort Museum interprets East Texas and Nacogdoches history. The original "fort" was actually a stone home built by Antonio Gil Y’Barbo sometime between 1788 and 1791. The home survived four political revolutions and acquired its nickname the "Old Stone Fort" sometime during the political turmoils of early Texas. Today, it serves as a museum on the Stephen F. Austin campus.
Backstory and Context