Garry Hall was created out of the eastern half of Hudson Hall to house married students and a few single women students.
Garry Hall opened in
September 1958. It is believed that it was named in honor of Chief Garry of the
It was created out of the eastern side of Hudson Hall which was acquired as government surplus after World War II to house the large influx of veteran students attending college on the GI Bill.
According to Allen Ogden, who was the manager of the hall, there were seven apartments for married couples, in
addition to rooms for unmarried female students. Hudson Hall at the
west end of the complex continued as a men's dormitory.
The entire complex was
demolished in the late 1960s.