This house was built in 1845 to replace an earlier brick home that burned. This is a three-by-three bay, L-shaped structure with a hipped roof. Its floor plan is regular Georgian with large 6/6 sashes. Special feature include the very large inside chimneys with corbeled caps, the pairs of brackets all around the deep cornice, and substantial entrance porch with much Italianate-style decorative woodwork.
Backstory and Context
Bunn, Morgan Donnally. The People of the Old Stone Cemetery: The Obituaries. Self-published, 2017.
Historical Booklet Greenbrier County 160th Anniversary 1778-1938.
Talbert, James E. A Historical Look at Lewisburg, West Virginia's Hard Scrabble Hill and beyond 1783-2007. Lewisburg, WV: Greenbrier Historical Society, 2007.
Turley, C. E., The Lewisburg Historic District. The Journal of the Greenbrier Historical Society, Vol. IV, No. 1. Lewisburg, WV: Greenbrier Historical Society, 1981.