Levere Memorial Temple, Sigma Alpha Epsilon
Sigma Alpha Epsilon Foundation owns, operates and maintains the Levere Memorial Temple. The structure was built between 1929 and 1930 and serves as a war memorial as well as an administrative building for Sigma Alpha Epsilon Fraternity. The building houses offices and many historical artifacts to Sigma Alpha Epsilon, including the first minutes of the the first meeting.
Backstory and Context
Plans for the building were presented at the fraternity annual convention in 1928 in Miami and met with unanimous approval. Ground was broken on June 22, 1929 and the building was dedicated December 28, 1930.