The International Women’s Air & Space Museum preserves, interprets, and shares the history of women in aviation and space exploration through exhibits and a research center. The Museum is located in the terminal building at Burke Lakefront Airport.
The International Women’s Air & Space Museum, Inc. (IWASM) began as a committee of Ninety-Nines who started saving memorabilia and the history of women pilots. (The Ninety-Nines is an international organization of women pilots formed in 1929. There were ninety-nine charter members, and Amelia Earhart was the first president.) In 1986 the museum opened in Centerville, Ohio. The museum moved to its present location in Cleveland in 1998.