St. Joseph's Church
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, St. Joseph's Church is an excellent example of Romanesque Revival architecture. It was built in 1904 with rough Kansas limestone, giving it its coarse exterior appearance. It serves a Catholic congregation that traces its roots back to 1876, when the city's first permanent resident priest, a Capuchin monk, arrived. From its inception to 2013, Capuchin priests presided over the church. It is now part of the Diocese of Salina, Kansas.
Backstory and Context
"History." St. Joseph's Church. Accessed November 15, 2017. http://www.stj-church.com/parish-history.
Photo: Sesamehoneytart, via Wikimedia Commons