Originally named Courthouse Annex, Highland Hall is a four-story building that was built in 1865. It was intended to be a school for both sexes, however was only a school for females. It served as 24-hour radio operator training facility for the Women’s Army Corp, during World War II (pawalkworks.com). In 1969, Highland Hall became a building used for office space for the county Courthouse Annex. Furthermore, planted on the site, a moon tree that was taken into orbit during a Apollo Mission is located here.
For more intriguing information, click here !