This historic home was built in 1885 by George Taylor, Jr. Taylor's father, Taylor, Sr., arrived in Provo with his family as part of the migration of Mormon handcart pioneers in 1863. The Taylor family established the Taylor Furniture Store, the city's first furniture store, in 1886. The home changed owners numerous times over the years and was recently restored by Habitat for Humanity.
This Gothic Revival-style home was completed in 1885 and faced possible demolition in in recent years but was completely restored by Habitat for Humanity. Hundreds of volunteers made the restoration of the home possible and the 2014 ceremony for the new home owner was attended by descendants of George Taylor.