The LDS church owned Star Hall until 1925, when it was purchased by the Grand County School District. Modifications and repairs were made, and the building was used as classrooms and an auditorium until 1968.
After a number of improvements to the building, including tilting the main floor which faced the stage and the addition of 236 seats on the floor, the building became a community center for Moab. Since 1972, Star Hall has functioned as the Moab Art Theatre, which hosts numerous performances and courses each year. The building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.