The mosque of Mohammad Kurryim
Backstory and Context
It was built by the Italian architect Mario Rossi. The building begun on the eve of the collapse of the monarchy and was completed in 1953. Rossi designed the mosque as the royal mosque of Ras al-Tin palace and intended to decorate it with lavish materials. The revolution and the nearby harbor regulations forced Rossi to modify his design; using artificial stone masonry and a short minaret with a Mughal-like pavilion.