Clio Logo

Built in 1901 by William Duff, an early grocer and prominent merchant who owned the Farmer’s Cash Store in the Mason Building at 839 Marsh Street. An archetypal example of “Railroad Vernacular” style with Neo-Classical Queen Anne features. It housed Southern Pacific Co. employees until 1956, and during WWII it housed families of personnel stationed at Camp San Luis.


http://gis.slocity.org/documents/Historic/1717SantaBarbara.pdf