The President's House
The Lincoln Memorial University President's House was built in 1913, and was the gift of a donor. The pillars that now adorn the home were original to Norton Hall, a residence hall for girls that was built in 1912 and deconstructed in 1975.
Backstory and Context
Norton Hall stood on the campus until 1975. For many of those years, it also housed the university's dining facilities. The home was also briefly converted into an infirmary during the 1924 typhoid epidemic that struck the campus.
The President's Home has served each LMU President since 1913. Variously through the years, it has served as both a living area for the current president and as university offices for the President and his/her staff.