Riddick's Folly House Museum
One of the finest Greek Revival buildings in Virginia; an historic home built by Mr. Mills Riddick in 1837. Riddick (1780-1844) owned four plantations — Old Place, Sweet Retreat, Soldier’s Hope and Jericho — east of the town of Suffolk. He died just fie years after he built the home; the last Riddick descendant to live in the home, Anna Mary Riddick, died in 1936 at age 95.
Backstory and Context
DHR excavations in 2015 (with Longwood College).