This adobe home west of the Mission was purchased in 1868 by Dr. W.W. Hays, a pioneering physician in S.L.O. who made house calls to the sick by horseback; He was instrumental in establishing and managing the County hospital built in 1878. Drug store owner B. G. Latimer purchased the home in 1903. Original structure remodeled, now a fine example of wood-sided frame structure.