Independent Presbyterian Church
Independent Presbyterian Church was built in 1926. The congregation was founded in 1915 after it separated from the local Presbytery. For the first seven years before the current church was built in 1922, the congregation worshipped at Temple Emanu-El. That same year it joined what is now the Presbyterian Church USA. Independent Presbyterian holds the distinction of starting the first programs in the state in public health, child welfare, and legal aid.
Photo: Tim Carr, The Historical Marker Database