This was where the town's poor who could not afford to pay for a lot in any of the other cemeteries would be lain to rest. It was established in 1856 - three years after its stately neighbor, Riverside Cemetery. Records of its use are scarce, but it was in disuse and mostly forgotten by the mid-1960s. Around that time, most of the land that comprised the cemetery was re-purposed for off-ramps ferrying traffic from Interstate 84 onto Sunnyside Street and CT Route 8 South. All that remains is a double headstone of a husband and wife. The wife's date of death is given, but the husband was apparently buried elsewhere after having remarried.