The Attala County Courthouse is the most impressive building in Attala County. The Classical Revival building was constructed in 1897 and continues to house the county's administrative offices. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1997.
The building is the fourth county courthouse. The first one was constructed in 1837 and was a simple log structure. It burned down in 1858. The next two courthouses unfortunately also burned down, in 1860 and 1896, respectively. The town decided to building the present and fire resistant courthouse.