The Duplex House (in Historic Heritage Square & Science Park)
Sisters Anna and Marguerite Haustgen built this house in 1923 as an investment property. They lived in what is now known as the Stevens-Haustgen House, which is also located here at Heritage Square Park. Its features, such as the sleeping porches (which were opened at night to let cool air in), make it the most typical Arizonan structure at the park. Today, the building houses the City of Phoenix Parks and Recreation Department and the Heritage Square Foundation.