The Greene House was built in 1925 by the architectural firm of Greene & Greene. It was built for real estate developer John T. Greene, who was no relation to the architects. The home is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Backstory and Context
The home is a Craftsman bungalow with some faint traces of Japanese design, a trademark style of the brothers' work in Pasadena. As John Greene was particularly fond of the Japanese quality of their roof lines, the home in Sacramento was built accordingly.
The home is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.