Montgomery Middle School
The school building was originally Stephen Watts Kearny Junior-Senior High School. Like Carson and Linda Vista Elementaries, its first classes were held in project homes. For Kearny these were 37 homes on Ingersoll St. beginning September 15, 1941. The school building was completed and opened for classes in 1942. Senior High grades were moved to the present Kearny High which opened on September 14, 1953 a mile north-east along Linda Vista Road.