The first congregation at this location formed in 1880. The current High Victorian Gothic style building is mostly original even though it was hit by the 1924 tornado. All of the walls stayed standing, but the roof, interior, windows, and spire were all destroyed. They were able to restore the church completely with a few alterations, notably a much shorter spire. Its main distention architecturally is its use of red brick and very linear details.