The Emmanuel Evangelical congregation was founded in 1851, and built their first church in 1855, when the area was known as Black River. This was the oldest church in Lorain until it was replaced in 1889, which was eventually destroyed in the devastating Lorain Tornado in 1924. The current building was built in 1925. This grand, Neo-Classical structure is notable for its large portico topped by a pediment emblazoned with the original congregations name supported by Doric columnns. Another noteworthy feature is its large white cross rising from the tallest point of the structure. Later the congregation became New Dimension International Worship Center, but it now stands vacant