First Evangelical Lutheran Church
Originally built at 603 Washington Ave. in 1924 and was destroyed by and arson fire in 2014. It is being rebuilt a block away on 6th St. It was known for its perfect acoustics and beautiful organ. The new building is being constructed and is going to retain some elements of the previous structure, is visible and accessible to anyone in the community, has a full service kitchen designed for gatherings, has utility spaces that can be used for multiple purposes as well as areas for parenting and youth needs, and will ultimately be very safe even though it is open to the public.