The cornerstone of this building was laid in 1918. Originally, this was the Agudath B’nai Israel Synagogue, which was built to consolidate the three Jewish congregations in Lorain into one, and had its first service in 1925. This Byzantine-styled synagogue is known for its forty-foot diameter dome sitting on walls in an octagon, each of which has a rose window. The doors were made of oak with beautiful bronze hardware of the Star of David and the menorah. In 1974, the building was sold to the New Bethel Primitive Baptist congregation. Today the building sits empty as the Baptist congregation has moved to another location.