The J. M. Willson Mansion is an Italianate mansion built in 1876 on Sharon's East Hill. The mansion was built by a local contractor known as Wallis and Carley who built numerous homes and buildings in the Shenango Valley. Beautiful, original wrought iron fencing outlines the property. The mansion retains most of its original architectural details that are characteristic of the Italianate style such as mansard roof on the central, entry tower, original porches, dental work and brackets on the eaves. A tiara of beautiful wrought iron sits upon the entry tower. The Willson Mansion commands attention from passers-by. The Willson family were pioneers in furniture making in Sharon. The family started the company in 1845-6, erecting the first commercial structure in downtown Sharon on the south side of East State Street. The company was operational until the late 1990s. The Mansion is preserved as a funeral home with original mantels and stained glass windows as well as the original grand staircase.