This three story brick building was constructed in 1904. Dr. J.W. Mankin had offices on the second floor. His wife - a pharmacist - operated a drug store on the right side of the first floor. The New River Banking and Trust Company occupied the left side, and a vault remains in the far left corner. The property is now under the stewardship of the National Park Service.