A Conrad Cottage located on 330 Milton Ave.
Backstory and Context
While not a contractor in trade, Charles Conrad built four cottages on Milton Avenue in 1882. Their original purpose was to provide housing for the temporary workers that were arriving in Janesville as the various areas in the city began to expand. All four cottages continue to exist in a way that is historically accurate.
Wisconsin Historical Society, Wisconsin Architecture and History Inventory, "Janesville", "Rock", "Wisconsin", "46436".