Built sometime between 1815-1830, Peterstown House has been used as a general store, tavern and a stagecoach inn. It is located along the historic Kaskaskia-Cahokia Trail and is the only remaining stagecoach stop on the trail. The second floor has been used as a theater and a ballroom. It is the only remaining stagecoach stop on the 60 mile Kaskaskia-Cahokia Trail. Today it operates as a museum open to the public Saturday and Sunday from spring to fall. On display are a variety of items from the 1800s including antique furniture and artifacts. There are items from other periods on display as well.