The building served as a rooming house until 1922, when it was remodeled and transformed into office and commercial space. Remarkably, the building's upper floors were vacant from the late 1920s and remained largely as the last tenants left them.
The Letitia Building was commissioned by Ryland, who was both aide and son-in-law to Peter Burnett, and was built by the German immigrant family of Jacob and Theodore Lenzen. It was one of two sister buildings, the other being the Security Building which is just to the south of the Letitia.
The Letitia Building underwent a major renovation in the 1990s and has housed the Hopkins and Carley Law Firm since 2000. The building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.