"In This Place Were Enacted" plaque
Placed on the eastern side of the Old Town gazebo and next to the "Confederate Soldiers" plaque is this one dedicated to the founding of Albuquerque in 1706 by Spanish officials and settlers under command of Governor and Captain General Don Francisco Cuervo Y. Valdez. The town, now city, was named after the Spanish Viceroy, Don Francisco Fernandez De La Cueva Enriquez, 10th Duke of Albuquerque
Backstory and Context
*For more on Albuquerque's founding and Governor and Captain General Don Francisco Cuervo Y. Valdez, visit the entry for the Cuervo Y Valdez monument found near by to historic Old Town Albuquerque.
García Purón, Manuel (1984). México y sus gobernantes (in Spanish). 1. Mexico City: Joaquín Porrua.
Orozco Linares, Fernando (1985). Gobernantes de México (in Spanish). Mexico City: Panorama Editorial.
Orozco Linares, Fernando (1988). Fechas Históricas de México (in Spanish). Mexico City: Panorama Editorial.
Hobbs, Nicolas (2007). "Grandes de España" (in Spanish).
Rosenmüller, Christoph. Patrons, Partisans, and Palace Intrigues: The Court Society of Colonial Mexico, 1702–1710.Calgary: University of Calgary Press, 2008.
(Spanish) "Acordada, La," Enciclopedia de México, v. 1. Mexico City, 1988.
(Spanish) "Fernández de La Cueva Enríquez, Francisco," Enciclopedia de México, v. 5. Mexico City, 1988.