Richville Historical Association
The Richville Historical Association tells the story of the community and surrounding area.
Backstory and Context
Established in 1804 by Salmon Rich, the village began as Rich's Settlement. Salmon Rich gave up his farm near DeKalb village to purchase the entire southwest corner of the township of DeKalb from Judge William Cooper. Salmon Rich signed a bond and mortgage to acquire 11,798 acres of land, for what’s now known as Richville.Still in the Township of DeKalb, this quaint little village sits high on a hill surrounded by North Country wilderness.