In the early 1900s, New York Times owner and publisher Adolph S. Ochs realized an opportunity to build Times Tower in a highly visible location. The Times moved into their new location, the second tallest building in the city at the time, in January 1905. The previous spring, a resolution was signed by Mayor George C. McClellan that renamed the intersection Times Square. Within a decade, they outgrew the location and moved to a new one. Before they left, they gave birth to an ongoing tradition today: the New Year's Eve spectacular. Although the Times moved, the tower remained and is still the focal point of Times Square today.