As the organization grew, it offered more regular programs and additional exhibits related to art, history, and the sciences. In 1890, the organization adopted the name Brooklyn Institute of Arts and Sciences and constructed a new building dedicated to the natural sciences and fine arts in 1893. This structure - now the Brooklyn Museum - opened in 1897. The following year, Brooklyn merged into the city of New York. The architects who designed the museum planned ahead for the institution's growth. Between 1897 and 1899, the museum's central pavilion and northeast wing were built. Additional wings and other additions were made throughout the 20th century, the largest being the service extension which holds the classrooms, curatorial offices, Education Division, and storage spaces. A new auditorium was completed in 1991, and the museum's majestic central court was completely restored in 2001.