Built in the early 1800s and spared from the 1912 fire which burned adjacent buildings to the east on East German Street, including part of the Entler property. Charles Harper started an apothecary shop here in 1816. After the Civil War, B. S. Pendleton, a Confederate veteran, bought the property and opened his green grocer store. In the early 20th century, Pendleton was still selling Confederate Generals Lee, Jackson, and Stewart lead pencils, and Blind John Lamb operated his roasted peanut stand just off the sidewalk. Across the alley to the right, a brick wall from 1798 survives in a structure built in 1913, after the big fire.