Clio Logo

The original 65-foot statue was constructed in 1893 and stood in front of the Court of Honor at the World's Columbian Exposition. This statue was destroyed in a fire three years later but a second statue was built in 1918 to commemorate the 25-year anniversary of the World's Fair.


  • Built in 1896 after the original statue was destroyed in a fire, this replica is 24 feet tall but the original was 41 feet taller
  • The original statue stood at the front of the Court of Honor during the 1893 World's Fair