The Olaf Lee House is among the more architecturally interesting homes in St. Paul. Built in 1905 for its namesake, Olaf Lee, its architecture is a combination of the Swiss Chalet and Craftsman styles, with other elements also incorporated. St. Paul architect Clarence H. Johnston, Sr. (1859-1936) designed the house and numerous other houses and buildings in the city. The Lee family remained in the house until Olaf passed away in 1937. The Schwartz family was the next to live in the house; they remained until 1982. The house continues to be a private residence today but it can easily be viewed from the street. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1984.