It is unknown when the Snodgrass Tavern opened for business, but it is assumed that it coincided with the additions. Travelers from Martinsburg and Bath would rest at the building, earning it the nickname Halfway House due to its position between the two towns. The tavern would see famous patronage in George Washington in 1750 and 1784, and Henry Clay in 1827.
The tavern would remain in business until 1847. After over one hundred years of business, the last Snodgrass owner refused to sell alcohol and sold the property, after which it became a private residence. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1973.