Clio Logo

This 1882 building took over a decade to construct due to lack of supplies and cash. Many donations, searching, and fundraising events finally gave the community of Odd Fellows and Masons what they needed to construct this Classical Revival style building. When the cornerstone was laid, a parade was held. Both the Odd Fellows and Masons shared this building until 1910, when the latter moved into a new hall made just for them. This building, more specifically the second floor, is still in operation by the local members of the Odd Fellows.


  • The Independent Order of Odd Fellows Building as it looks today
  • Historical marker found on the building
  • Circa 1880s-1890s photo of the building. Courtesy of the San Diego Historical Society