Fullerville received a charter from the state of Georgia on 8 August 1916. The state charter set up the city as one quarter of a mile from J. H. Hogue’s store in the Cement Block building.  J.H. Hogue is appointed as mayor of the city with W.A. Ball, J.H. Kimbrell, W.F. Fuller, C.M. Floyd and Henry Cole as councilmen all serving until the first election held on the “first Tuesday in January 1917.” R.J. Voss is named the town clerk.
The community is populated predominantly by home and general farmers and some laborers. A few women are listed working for private families presumed elsewhere in the area.  . The population estimates range from 299 on the 1910 census to 350 on the Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps in 1923. The area is a racially mixed area.
In 1923, Fullerville had a railroad spur and two mills: the Villa Rica Cotton Oil Company and the Villa Rica Hosiery Mill. Road names will appear unfamiliar to those in 2007 with Tyson Place (now parts of Rockmart Road), Fuller Place (First Street), Villa Place (Second Street), Rica Court (Third Street), Paulding Road (now Old Town and the southern end of North Dogwood), Jones Road (now part of Rockmart south of Old Town), and Division Street (Sugar Hill Street). Even Rockmart Road ran down what is now North Dogwood Street. Pate Street is unnamed.In late 1955, the Town of Fullerville began proceedings to disband the town. The last announcement appeared in the Carroll County Georgian on 5 January 1956. This allowed for a bill to be introduced to return the town charter. Rader Farr, mayor pro-tem of Fullerville signed the Notice of Intention to Apply for Local Legislation. It was approved 13 February 1956. Villa Rica extends the city limits to cover Fullerville with request for the legislature at the same time that Fullerville requested to be disbanded.
In 2006, signs denoting Fullerville appeared on the edge of the community, however, has the wrong establishment date listed and never mentions when it ceased to be a city.