This building was originally built in 1841 by John Ewing. The structure was a large imposing white building, and for many years was known as "The Old White Corner." The upper part housed the Hancock Courier Printing Offices. The building changed hands a few times until 1906 when it belonged to David Davis. It has been a bank, drug store and a clothing store.