This historic frame house demonstrates was operated as a tavern from 1820-1829 by Nathaniel Gates who also served as the county auditor at this time. The tavern was located directly across from the Our House, and according to an interview of the director of the Our House Tavern Museum, the Eagle was known to cater towards men who were looking for trouble while Our House served a more "genteel" crowd. The Holzer family restored the structure during the 1930s and today, the house still retains some of the original glasswork surrounding the entrance.
"Our House Tavern Museum officially opens for the season on May 25." Gallia Herald May 22, 2013.