Clio Logo

This home was built by Peter LeClercq in 1811, of Flemish and common bond brick, for his second wife. LeClercq arrived with the French 500 at the age of 17 and became the clerk of courts and postmaster at Gallipolis for 25 years. Colonel John Vance was given this home in 1837 as a reward for his work on the locks and dam system.