The first mass of the new parish was held on December 2, 1951 at the temporary church and accommodated some 200 families in the vicinity. The construction of the grade school was launched March 15, 1953 and open September 7th of that year. Six grades and 90 students soon became eight grades and 140 students. As the parish doubled, the temporary church was no longer large enough and four additional lots of land were purchased by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Wheeling. The funds needed for the new plans for the church were raised by the parishioners; renovations and additions, including a Parish Hall, school gymnasium, and library, were undertaken until the church and school were completed in 1984. Today the church and Parish community are in full swing, with a beautiful statue of the Virgin Mary gracing the entrance of the chuch.