The Landmark Theatre
Originally known as the Loew's State Theater, the Landmark was one of many theater's constructed across the country in the era of "Movie Palaces." It opened it's doors on February 18, 1928 and featured a double billing of a vaudeville act followed by a film. It was designed by Thomas Lamb one of the most prominent designers of theaters and cinemas of the time period. It's construction employed 300 workers and cost 1.4 million dollars.
Backstory and Context
Landmark Theatre. Cinema Treasures. Accessed March 10, 2017. http://cinematreasures.org/theaters/54.
Photo of theater exterior: By Doncram (Own work) [GFDL (http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html) or CC BY-SA 4.0-3.0-2.5-2.0-1.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0-3.0-2.5-2.0-1.0)], via Wikimedia Commons
Photo of entryway: By John Hoey from Framingham, MA, United States (Landmark Theatre) [CC BY 2.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons