The DeKalb historian's office is located in the Old Methodist Meetinghouse.


The township of De Kalb encompasses the communities of De Kalb Junction, Old De Kalb (De Kalb Village), East De Kalb, Kendrew Corners, Stellaville, Osbornville, Bigelow and the Village of Richville.

The first settlement expedition (1803) was organized by Judge William Cooper of Cooperstown. De Kalb has a rich historical legacy visible in the form of farmhouses, barns, fences, churches, mines, graveyards, roads, hedgerows and fields.