Ahavath Gerim Synagogue
Ahavath Gerim Synagogue was founded in the early 20th century and is located in the oldest Jewish temple in Vermont. It is a Modern Orthodox congregation with a community of 50 families. The building itself is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and was constructed in 1885 for Congregation Ohavi Zedek, which is now located in a 1952 building just to the east on Prospect Ave.
Backstory and Context
*Please note that the National Register of Historic Places Nomination form states that the congregation formed when members of Congregation Ohavi Zedek decided to stay at the temple rather than move to the current temple that congregation built in 1952. The history stated here, which is taken from Agavath Gerim's site, is probably the right version.