This house dates to 1763. It was extensively renovated in the 1920s by architect Alfredo Taylor, who was commissioned to do alterations on multiple buildings in the area during this time period (including the nearby Church of the Immaculate Conception). Taylor was well-known for his Georgian Revival designs, as exemplified by the Moseley House-Farm.
The property is now a Bed & Breakfast under the name Blackberry River Inn.
Alfredo Taylor was born in Florence, Italy. Upon graduating from Harvard (class of 1894), he traveled to Italy, where he sketched a number of buildings and design details, focusing especially on masonry work. He then studied at the Columbia University School of Architecture and the Ecole Nationale des Beaux-Arts in Paris. Between 1915 and 1930, Taylor designed numerous Georgian Revival buildings and transformed multiple older houses into the style, which was extremely fashionable at the time. The purpose of this building prior to Taylor's renovations is unknown, though it likely served as a house in the 18th century.