Bias Hall (Elizabeth City State University)
Backstory and Context
The construction of Bias Hall began in 1937 and had it's formal dedication in May of 1939. Formally a dormitory, it was constructed as a three-story brick building in the Colonial Revival style. It has a seven-bay central section, and is covered by a slate gable roof. It's round arched windows and stone columnns really define this building.
At the time of the Bias Hall construction and opening, Elizabeth City State University was known as Elizabeth City State Teachers College. The teachers college consists of three adjoining areas around campus that is approximately nineteen acres. Close to the historical entrance, Bias Hall stands tall.