3-5 Main, Parkville MO
Building was home to Moon-Elliott Lumbar Company, the successor to Luthy and Co., a lumber dealer that came to Parkville in 1857. The company’s offices were in the building proper while a lumber yard was housed in the rear of the building. Wooden facade and porch were added to original brick front, which remains intact.
Backstory and Context
Period in the newspaper advertisements indicated a full-line of funeral supplies, lumber, kits for building houses, paints, hardware, tools, stoves, mowers, rakes, horse blankets, and lap ropes to name a few. The lumber yard and store were operated until the 1970s when the buildings were purchased and remodeled by Elmer "Sugar" Bell for "The Doll Shop"; an antique doll museum, repair, catalog and sales operation.