401 Main Street Parkville, MO
Built in 1941, the original business was the Leland Francis Funeral Home/Heritage Funeral Home.1 In 1950, when the Fire Protection Association of Parkville came up short of funds for a new fire truck, Leland Francis signed a financial note so that the truck could be purchased.2 The Francis family owned the building and business until 1986-1987. In 1996, Bill Carson purchased the building.3
The building is currently home to Meyers Funeral Chapel.
Backstory and Context
1Parkville City Hall Records
2Southern Platte Fire Protection District (http://www.spfpd.com/spfpd/History.asp)
3Parkville City Hall Records